I love chocolate. Absolutely love it! But what makes it better is this chocolate milk recipe I’m about to give you. It’s the easiest and cheapest you’ll ever find.
For the syrup
- 1 cup water
- One cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
In a medium saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil, whisking until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the salt and cocoa, mixing well with a whisk.
- Let the mixture simmer until thick, whisking continually to keep from scalding.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow to cool.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Pour the syrup into an airtight container and refrigerate for an hour.
For the chocolate milk
- 1 tbsp homemade syrup
- 1 cup skim milk
- Combine the syrup and milk in a glass and stir.